Last Sunday, we had a lesson in Relief Society based off of Richard G. Scott's conference talk "The Eternal Blessings of Marriage" (you can read the talk here). It was an awesome lesson with lots of discussion and interesting comments, and it has stuck with me all week. I feel like this lesson was meant to personally remind me of how great my husband is. Here are just a few reasons why Kyle is so wonderful...
- He is always setting goals for himself and for us as a couple. He is always working on improving himself, and it helps me to recognize ways in which I can be better and thus improve myself.
- He works very hard in school to keep his scholarship and to secure a good job that will support our family. Kyle just finished his hardest year in school and ended up with grades that were well above the average in each of his classes. He has spent so many hours studying so that he can get a good job after graduation.
- Kyle is very good at putting his own needs above my own. For example, after Braxton was born I had a hard time finding clothes to wear to church that would allow me to nurse Braxton since most of what I have are dresses. Kyle took me shopping so that I could get a couple new skirts so that I could nurse Braxton without having to practically strip in the Mother's Room. Ya, he figured out a way to afford for me to get new clothes. How many guys would encourage their wives to spend money on themselves?! :)
- Kyle is very service oriented. He will do anything to make me happy. A lot of the time, I don't even have to ask for him to help out. If he notices that the floor needs to be vacuumed or diapers taken out to the dumpster, he will do it. Last week I came home from class to find our bed made, laundry started, and him in the kitchen doing dishes.
- Although he would probably say otherwise, Kyle is a man of great faith. Whenever "something big" happens in our marriage, Kyle is always calm and works to figure out a solution instead of just freaking out (like I would do :) He is really good at recognizing that sometimes the plans that we have for our life just aren't the same as Heavenly Father's plan for us. He is able to adjust to the situation even though it might not be an easy change to make.
- He is a great father. I love Kyle even more now that I have seen him as a dad. He and Braxton already have a special relationship-- Braxton gives all his best smiles to his Daddy. Kyle is so sweet to our son, and I know that Kyle is able to see him as a sweet spirit from our Heavenly Father. Kyle always prays for Braxton to healthy and happy. He even fasted that Braxton's flat spot would go away, and it wasn't even Fast Sunday (ya, he went without food for our son... Great guy, huh?).
- Kyle is very patient with me. We have completely different personalities and sometimes it is hard to work together on certain things. However, Kyle is always willing to listen and help out in any way he can. He is really good at putting up with my emotional, indecisive self :)
- Kyle can always make me laugh when I am having a bad day. He knows just what to do to make my day a little better.
- He wakes up an hour before he has to get up for class so that we can read scriptures and pray together before I have to leave for class.
- Kyle is a worthy priesthood leader. I am never afraid to ask Kyle for a blessing, and he will even offer them to me sometimes when he thinks they might help. It is so calming to know that Braxton and I have access to the priesthood any time we need it.
- Kyle is really good with money. He set up a budget so that we can track how much we spend each month and save for certain things- visiting family, unexpected expenses, life after graduation, etc. We will be leaving BYU completely debt free. Awesome!
I could go on and on about how great Kyle is and how much I love him, but I think this is a pretty good list. The best decision I ever made was to marry him. Our life together is so much happier than I ever could have imagined. I am so grateful for our temple sealing that allows us the opportunity to be together forever. And I am also grateful for the wonderful lesson that has reminded me how lucky I am to have this wonderful man in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment