Monday, October 8, 2012

Big Fat Update

So, we are alive. Just in case anyone was wondering. Life has been so hectic that I haven't written a single post since we moved almost six months ago. So get ready for a photo bomb (reverse chronology. This new blogger is weird).

August


Kyle and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. We ate dinner at the Davenport (we stayed there on our wedding night) and even sneaked into a ballroom to slow dance together. Think Beauty and the Beast castle. We also walked around Riverfront Park. 

Also in August, Kyle came home from his internship and started grad school at Gonzaga. His classes are a lot easier than what he had to do at BYU. I started working more hours this month. I am now working 35-40 hours each week. 

 July


My sister Kelsey and brother-in-law Josh got married! Their reception was held in my grandparent's landscaped yard. It was beautiful. I still can't get over how happy they look. 


Kelsey looked amazing in her dress. And Mya followed her around the whole time.


The Spokane Washington Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The same temple Kyle and I were married in. And my grandpa got to seal both of us. Very cool. 


Braxton and I went to Lake Powell with my family for a week. We went with all of my mom's brother and sisters and their families. Braxton loved playing on the beach and swimming. He wasn't a fan of his life jacket though.


The Main Channel. The water is so beautiful and warm.


The only time B didn't mind wearing his life jacket was on the wave runner. Here he is on his very first ride with Grandpa.


We also went to the Boardman Family Reunion in Parowan, UT the weekend before heading to Powell. My cousin Bentley loved playing with Braxton. She would be a fantastic big sister.


My grandpa's crazy hat. We got a kick out of it.


I have the coolest family ever. Playing life-size angry birds. 

June

Kyle left on his internship on June 1, and Braxton began spending a lot more time with Grandma Lou and Papa Kent. He was also my mom's little side kick. We are very grateful for free babysitters!


Our crazy little rider.


Braxton got a lot of tractor rides from Papa Kent. He LOVES the tractor and knows how to work all the knobs and even turns the wheel. 


Kyles route to Marietta, GA. It took him 2.5 days to get there. We had skype dates almost every Sunday so that he could see Braxton. I also sent him a gazillion pictures. Despite all of this, Braxton still didn't remember Kyle when he came home, but warmed up to him quickly when Daddy took him to see the ponies at Grandma and Papa's house. 

May


We bought me a new car!! A 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I absolutely love it! It is my other baby. 


We spent ten days in Maui with Kyle's parents. I don't have any more pictures up because they are all on Kyle's computer. But we had so much fun and would love to go back someday. The weather was perfect while we were there and we came back with awesome tan lines. 

And just for fun. Kyle teaching Braxton how to pet the ponies. 


Also, Kyle received a job offer from Ernst & Young so we will be moving to ATLANTA GEORGIA next August or September. We are so excited and grateful that he has a job lined up pending graduation. Life is a lot different outside of the Provo Bubble. I miss it. I miss Mother's Group and all my mom friends (Brittany, Marianne, Mandy, Karen, Keilani, etc etc.) I miss having young moms to socialize with and kids for Braxton to play with. We don't have a play group up here, and it stinks. We miss our student ward and our cute little apartment and neighbors. However, we love being close to family and that Braxton gets to spend so much time with his grandparents, aunts and uncles. Stay tuned for another update soon.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging! I enjoyed all of the pictures of your eventful summer. Keep Them Coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update! now all i need to do is find us a job near atlanta! i think caroline and braxton will have some catching up to do by the time we graduate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS! Or at least visit regularly! Braxton needs his good friend Caroline back!

      Delete
  3. I was so excited when I found out you guys have a blog. Hope you're doing well! Jeff and I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys too! Hope all is well in Provo. I love your blog.

      Delete
  4. What a fun six months! Somehow I missed your blog, but it's in my reader now. :) I hope things are still going well. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete