..........
My baby is usually really good at playing by himself. He is a curious little guy and is easily entertained by the little things he discovers around the house. Every once in a while though, he will come back over to me, crawl up on my lap and rest his head against my neck or cheek. He will sit there for a minute and then climb down and start playing again. Even though he can't speak, I know this is his way of saying "I love you, Mama."
..........
Today, we were walking down the stairs to the parking garage and Braxton started giggling out of no where. I have found him doing this a couple times, usually when he is playing with his toys or found something fun to play with in Mommy's room. It always makes me smile that he finds himself so entertaining that he can't help but crack up.
..........
Braxton loves being upside down. Anytime we are sitting with other people around us (Relief Society, Sunday School, waiting rooms, etc), he will throw himself backwards and lay upside down with this big goofy smile on his face until someone looks at him, smiling, and he starts giggling and sits back up. Then he will throw himself back again. Lather, rinse, and repeat about twenty times. He is such a little entertainer.
..........
At home, when we are just hanging out and cleaning house, I will sometimes growl at him and hide behind a corner. I love how I can hear him super speed crawling and breathing excitedly as he comes and finds me.
..........
At bath time, I will take Brax into the bathroom and stand him up against the tub while I start the water. Then we go out into the bedroom and take his clothes off. When we go back into the bathroom, he is so wiggly and happy and excited to get in the bath that he practically jumps out of my arms.
..........
In the mornings right after Brax wakes up, we sit in the rocking chair together and snuggle. Then when he gets wiggly, I pull up his blinds and sit him on the arm of the rocking chair so he can look out the window. He loves to sit there and watch the cars and people passing by, bang on the window, and play with the window tract and sill. He loves seeing what is going on outside.
..........
There are probably a zillion more things that I could write about, but I think this is probably good for now. I love my son so much. I think it is fair to say that he has taught me far more in the past year than I have taught him. I love my sweet little guy. He makes life so much happier and has brought our family so much closer. I feel so blessed to be his mama. I hope that years from now when I think back on my first year as a mother, I will be able to remember the joy and happiness that radiates from my son and the love he has brought to our family.
Lindsey, this is so sweet. So very sweet.
ReplyDeleteI stinkin love this list! It's such a good idea to write down stuff like this!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, Lindsey... Is it pathetic that this list makes me want to start crying? In a good way of course! It's got to be these crazy pregnancy hormones. Braxton's 1st Birthday is today, & it doesn't seem like a year has passed by yet. Can time really go that fast?! I guess just reading your list made me think of my kids & how big they're getting, then I started thinking of baby number 3, & how he or she will grow up just as quickly. Thanks for sharing your sweet post of Braxton's life.
ReplyDelete