Monday, October 17, 2011

Placing your feet in Christ's footsteps

I love this quote from "Our Search for Happiness" by M. Russell Ballard. If you have not read this book, you should! I really believe that it is a book that everyone should be familiar with. It discusses the core doctrines and beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In this part of the book, Elder Ballard is talking about the great changes that can occur in your life when you develop a relationship with the Savior Jesus Christ and come to know of His reality and divinity. Here's the quote:

"That's the way it is when Jesus Christ becomes a reality in your life. It isn't that He somehow makes you do things that you wouldn't do otherwise. Rather, you find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond as He would respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ's footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked- Loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way- one day you'll look up and discover that His path has lead you directly to the thrown of God. For that is and ever has been His great purpose and Mission: to lead us to our Heavenly Father so we can dwell with Him in His heavenly home."

Wow. That quote hits me every time I read it. It isn't anything new that I haven't heard before, but it beautifully states the mission of the Savior. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His love for me. I know that He is real and that He loves me and every person on this earth. I am trying each day to become more like Him. I know that He understands my struggles and trials and that I can always lean on Him for support. I am grateful for the atonement and that I can have the opportunity to live with my Heavenly Father again, thanks to my Savior Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that post! I think I need to read that book :)

    ReplyDelete